Sea to Sky Sailing and Swallow Tail have partnered to provide you with a unique evening of sailing, instruction and fine dining to showcase a real taste of BC’s wild west coast. Come on a gourmet sailing adventure with us.
- Catch your own Dungeness crab
- Sail the waters of Howe Sound
- Learn some sailing skills as you go
- Visit Snug Cove on Bowen Island
- Learn how to prepare crab
- Feast on a 3 course, 5 star meal
- Sunset sail home
This is an utterly unique experience of life on the West Coast that includes:
- 4 hour tour, from 5pm to 9pm.
- Maximum of 6 guests on board.
- Sailing aboard a beautiful yacht with a professional skipper providing instruction all on the way.
- Instruction in how to catch your own Dungeness crab, from an experienced local crabber.
- A three course meal including an appetizer, fresh caught Dungeness crab, and a dessert, all prepared by a professional chef.
- Public Trip Dates 2017 – May 5, June 2, July 17, Aug 25, Sept 7
- Tickets: A steal for $249 pp
- Email us to book another date for a private tour, 4-6 guests
5pm sharp! Meet at the boat in West Vancouver. Receive a safety briefing and orientation to the yacht, then head out on the water.
Catch some crabs! We’ll pull up one of our traps and see what the sea has provided us for dinner. Our Swallow Tail chef or biologist will teach you about crabbing along with crab ecology, so you’ll have the basics to try it again yourself.
Set sail for adventure! We’ll hoist the sails and make our way up through the mouth of Howe Sound towards Bowen Island. Our Sea to Sky Sailing skipper will get everyone working together as a crew to sail the boat, giving you a chance to get a feel for what life afloat can be like. This is often also a great opportunity to see some curious seals and sometimes porpoises will also pay us a visit as we sail.
Outdoor dining in Snug Cove. This bustling village is full of charm and includes a great park where we can picnic in style. Our Swallow Tail chef will provide a cooking demonstration, showing you how to prepare crab for optimal West Coast flavour… and then you get to eat it! The three course meal includes an appetizer, Dungeness crab entrée and a dessert.
Sunset sail home. After we’ve feasted on our lavish local meal, it’s time to sail back to West Vancouver. Relax, sit back and watch the sun set on the horizon. Bliss! Back at the dock by 9pm.
Please note that gratuity is not included in your ticket price. Please tip your guides for good service (15-20% is customary).