Iphone wine apps are affordable tools that let you learn more about wine and remember what you have learned. Remembering being the key to future enjoyment.
- Pair It (4.99) – Wine and food pairing database. Because what you eat with it will completely change the wine you’re drinking, seriously. Great for burgeoning wine nerds and chefs.
- BC Liquor Stores (free) – All my BC readers will need this one. Not sure if our headless monster of a liquor monopoly has what you’re looking for or what the price is? Product search any wine here, easy.
- Fromage (2.99) – Cheese and wine were lovers from the start; and a journey into wine should start with cheese. This app demystifies all those crazy French cheeses, categorizing them by milk type, wine pairing suggestions, your own tasting notes, 750 cheeses listed
- Wine Spectators Vintage Chart (free) – Vintage matters folks, especially with cool climate wine countries like France, Germany, Canada etc., but who wants to memorize all those dates! Before you buy that expensive bottle, check it!
- Drync Wine (free) – A virtual cellar tracker/ and general tool to take wine notes on all the lovelies you sample. That way you’ll remember what you like:)
Your resident Chef and Sommelier,