These are strange times and we’ve had to be creative with our culinary adventures to keep on truckin’. We’ve found a new takeout window location 1221 Franklin st across from Container brewing, yay! Please support us and we will happily feed you:) Pre-ordering will be closed the week before the events or as soon as we sell out, so order early. Donate to the food bank at checkout too!
Our next pop-up takeaways…
A Spanish Picnic Takeaway
Sun, July 12 for lunch or dinner pick up ready to eat!
Chef Heather Dosman creates a collection of summer Spanish tapas for our Swallow Tail takeaway pop-up. Pre-order, pick up your tapas, pop across the street to Container brewing for a beer and they’ll let you eat it on their new patio or head off to the park with a Spanish picnic for lunch or dinner ready to eat. Staff will be confirmed healthy, gloved/masked for your safety and people choose their pick up times to minimize waits. Thanks for supporting small business, we love you. Vegetarian option available.
- Romesco & grilled & raw summer vegetables
- Amontillado porcini mushroom pate
- Summer strawberry Andalusian gazpacho, crema, wild lemon balm
- Sablefish escabeche or Mushroom escabeche (veg option)
- Fresh baked bread
- A surprise dish, chefs choice
- (What is escabeche? It’s like a grilled ceviche with saffron)
- Spanish Queso – 3 types of cheese with preserves, bread & summer fruit
- Carne – Jamon, salchichon, preserves, pickles & bread
- Basque style cheesecake, summer berries
Note: ingredients may change slightly depending on what looks best at the market
CHEF ROBIN’S LANNA THAI TAKEAWAY
Sat or Sunday July 11/12 for lunch or dinner
From Chef Robin Kort’s travels in Northern Thailand, she has picked her favourite dishes to cook for you mashed up with ingredients from the Pacific Northwest. Lanna cuisine is from the North of Thailand and is rarely on offer in Vancouver, so this should be fun. For freshness, this menu is meant to be heated up at home.
- Khao soi – Northern Thai coconut milk curry (Chicken or Tofu) with egg noodles, baby corn, bamboo shoot, pickled nappa cabbage, deep fried noodle topping
- Tom yam hed – Thai sour soup with wild mushrooms – Smoked clams, prawn, snow mushroom, tomato, watercress, fresh herbs
- Lahpet – Fermented tea leaf salad (this dish is from Myanmar, but it’s a winner and I ate it a lot in Chiang-mai) with peanuts, tomato, cabbage, fried yellow split peas, broad bean, soy nut, roast garlic, toasted sesame
- Dessert – Pandan leaf, yuzu, vanilla panna cotta with young coconut
Spicing of the dishes will be mild, but you can add on an order of ‘FIRE’ (meaning I’ll pack some fresh green and red chilis for you to spike it up with), a Northern norm with some dishes.
We’ll be cooking for pre-orders only, so book your food now before it sells out. Where noted takeaway orders will be packed to be easily heated up at home. Windfall Cider and Container Brewery beer will be available across the street from the pick up location . Staff will be confirmed healthy, gloved and suited up for your safety. Choose your pick up time at checkout.